Wednesday 12 November 2014

Cubes Pizza, Solaris Dutamas

The deal: 2 regular 9" pizzas at Cubes Pizza

What we got:

It wasn't an easy task locating Cubes Pizza in the maze that is Solaris Dutamas. It took us a good ten minutes of searching before giving up and asking for directions.

Decked out in mainly red and white


Once seated, we promptly placed our order. It didn't take too long for our order to arrive, perhaps 15 minutes?

Pesto chicken 
(Italian herbs, marinated chicken, onions, sundried tomatoes, cheese, homemade pesto sauce)

Shrimp scampi
(cooked shrimp drizzled with olive oil and garlic, topped with cheese on a bed of Sicilian cream sauce)

Maybe because I grew up eating mostly Pizza Hut pan pizzas, I really didn't mind that Cubes' pizzas were not thin-crust. In fact, I actually like it.

Toppings-wise, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the pesto chicken. It tasted rather salty and did not resemble the kind of pesto sauce I was used to. I preferred the shrimp scampi; I would say this is rather similar to Domino's Classified Chicken, albeit with seafood. 

Not a bad place overall, but it could certainly benefit from more visibility in the complex.

Tax: Service charge of 10% and government tax of 6%

How  much we paid: RM22

No comments:

Post a Comment