Wednesday 26 March 2014

NBrew, Mid Valley Megamall

The deal: RM10 for RM20 cash voucher for gelatos, yoghurts and specialty pasta at NBrew.

What we got:

Gula melaka avocado gelato (small: RM9) and cempedak gelato (regular: RM10.90)


Liquid nitrogen ice-cream was a newly-introduced concept in Malaysia, with several stores popping up last year selling this alone. While not an entirely new product, merely gelato made in a different way, I couldn't help but be intrigued by the interesting method of preparation, and was left wondering what a liquid nitrogen ice-cream/gelato tastes like (although I keep telling myself it really wouldn't taste much different).

I've read (invited?) reviews raving about the gula melaka avocado, which is why I opted for this flavour, but in all honesty, I thought it was kinda meh. Avocados are great in salads, sure, but not so much in gelato. The cempedak gelato fared better in terms of taste; it smelt and tasted good, and I'm glad we took two scoops of this instead of the avocado one.

Would I say liquid nitrogen ice-cream/gelato in general is a must-try? Not really. It's not crazily different from your usual ice-cream or gelato, but if like me you've some sort of curiousity that won't be satiated until you try it, go ahead. After all, it doesn't hurt to try something (sort of) new.

Tax: None.

How much we paid: RM10

No comments:

Post a Comment